Office of Digital Learning
The ODL uniquely combines creative learning design with world class media production to create stellar digital learning content that improves the learning experience at Notre Dame and extends the University’s mission to the world.
Established in 2014 by Notre Dame’s inaugural Chief Academic Digital Officer, Elliott Visconsi, the Office of Digital Learning is Notre Dame’s core provider of custom-made online and digital learning experiences. The ODL team is comprised of learning designers, creative & media professionals, and program managers. The interdisciplinary team partners with faculty to envision, design, produce, and maintain experiences that create successful learning for all students. ODL projects reveal Notre Dame’s commitment to emerging pedagogies and innovative learning experiences, and are informed by Notre Dame’s commitment to transformational liberal education.
Core Domains of Activity
- Design and produce online learning experiences with faculty and programs, from vision through implementation.
- Operate annual catalog of online summer courses, including marketing and promotion, maintenance and refresh, and operational support for faculty and students.
- Provide program-level and course-level consulting, expertise, faculty training and quality assurance services to those Colleges, Departments, Programs, and other academic units operating online degrees, programs, or courses.
- Promote effective learning strategies in the context of online and technology-enabled learning.
- Conduct research and discovery work as related to the portfolio of core domains, and share findings with campus and professional audiences.
Visit us on the 9th floor of Flanner Hall or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.