What Inclusive Instructors Do – Book talk with Dr. Tracie Addy
Dr. Addy starts with a brief overview of some key concepts that are important to inclusive teaching. She then provides an opportunity to reflect on the instructional equity/inclusion challenges that you face in your teaching, and explore how principles and practices from the book can be applied to meet those challenges.
After successfully completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of inclusive teaching
- Describe several inclusive teaching practices
- Consider challenges to inclusion in your classes and make changes to overcome them.
In the Library:
- What Inclusive Instructors Do, Addy et. al., Stylus Publishing Inc., May 2021. (Coming Soon)
- The Evolving Language of Diversity, Kathy Castania, Communication and Marketing Services at Cornell University, 2003.
- How to Make Your Teaching More Inclusive: Advice Guide, Viji Sathy and Kelly Hogan, Chronicle of Higher Education.