Using Canvas to Implement Instructional Strategies and Enrich Your Course Series
Although the majority of courses are being taught face-to-face this semester, there is great value in using the LMS (Learning Management System). When used well, it can extend and enhance the learning experience beyond the classroom. Doing so “is a pedagogical practice of teaching and learning that is convenient, student-centered, and flexible” (Davis & Surajballi, 2014). At the intersection of best practices and technical demos, this workshop series focuses on instructional strategies and how to leverage Canvas accordingly.
After successfully completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Use a variety of Canvas tools
- Decide which tools to use at various points in the semester
Workshop Videos (Also available in the series Canvas course):
- Session 1: Student communication
- Session 2: Discussions
- Session 3: Assessment strategies (No recording available)
- Session 4: Group work
- Session 5: Feedback tips and tricks
- Session 6: Considerations for course closure (Coming Soon)
- Enroll in Using Canvas to Implement Instructional Strategies and Enrich Your Course, you can drop the course once you’ve learned the things you are interested in.