This workshop informs participants about the potential effects of trauma on their students and introduces them to basic strategies to mitigate the impact of trauma in teaching and learning. We’ll focus in particular on how to create safety and student choice as well as how to foster collaboration, trustworthiness, social consciousness, and student empowerment in the classroom.
After successfully completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand trauma and its effects on learning.
- Develop a repertoire of strategies to mitigate the effects of trauma in the classroom.
- Apply trauma-informed approaches to your teaching, both in-person and online.
- Webinar on Trauma-Informed Teaching and Learning, Mays Imad
- Presentation on Trauma-Informed Online Teaching, Karen Costa
- Blog on Trauma-Informed Teaching and Learning, Janice Carello
- Course on Embodying Your Curriculum, Anita Chari and Angelica Singh
- Information on Trauma-Informed Teaching Strategies, Ohio University