Using Rubrics to Assess Student Work
Rubrics make grading criteria clearer to faculty and students, students turn in better work, and feedback is more objective and consistent. In this workshop, we explain how to develop and use rubrics. We will also introduce iRubric, a tool available within Sakai. If there is interest, a follow-up session can provide hands on with iRubric.
After successfully completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify and describe elements of a rubric
- Develop a rubric for use with low or high stakes assessment
- Implement rubrics in your assessment practices
- Using Rubrics (January 2014)
In the Library:
- Effective Grading, chapter 4. Walvoord, Barbara and Virginia Anderson.
[Kaneb Center Library – LB 2368 .W35 1998]
- Introduction to Rubrics. Stevens, Dannelle and Antonia Levi
[Kaneb Center Library – LB 3063 .S74 2013]