Motivation and Learning
In this interactive workshop, we will share resilience-based strategies and skills to call on during times of challenge and personal growth. Participants will reflect on how they can foster student motivation and encourage students to cultivate balance and reduce stress in their academic lives.
After successfully completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the major principles of student motivation.
- Identify teaching techniques that promote motivation.
- Apply academic motivation theory and teaching techniques to your own courses
- Motivating Students, Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching
In the Library:
- How learning works : seven research-based principles for smart teaching. Susan A. Ambrose 1958-, Richard E Mayer 1947-
San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2010. LB 1025.3 .H68 2010
- McKeachie’s teaching tips : strategies, research, and theory for college and university teachers. Marilla D. Svinicki 1946-, Wilbert James McKeachie 1921-
Belmont, CA : Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, c2011. LB 2331 .S99 2011