Developing Your Teaching Portfolio
Teaching portfolios act as a means of productively preparing for the job market and a successful academic career by developing a scholarly approach to teaching, fostering habits of reflection and ongoing improvement, and providing rich, contextualized evidence of teaching and learning.
After successfully completing this workshop you will be able to:
- describe the purposes of teaching portfolios.
- identify components of a teaching portfolio.
- identify sources of evidence and data for inclusion in a teaching portfolio.
- determine how you might document and reflect on the knowledge and skills gained from your TA/teaching experience through developing a professional teaching portfolio.
From other Kaneb Center workshops:
In the Library:
The teaching portfolio : a practical guide to improved performance and promotion/tenure decisions. Peter Seldin; Bolton, Mass. : Anker Pub. Co., c2004. LB 2333 .S46 2004
- Writing a Philosophy of Teaching Statement (Ohio State)